There’s a drug crisis that has overtaken the state of Maryland, and our state isn’t alone: the use of drugs and alcohol has skyrocketed dramatically all across the United States. Drug use has gotten so bad that overdosing is now the third cause of death for middle aged adults. There has also been a huge increase of mothers who are dependent on alcohol, drugs, and smoking. In addition to this, infants are dying due to fetal alcohol syndrome. Clearly, there needs to be some kind of change.
Consider an IOP to Help You to Recovery
In order for you or your loved one to finally work safely toward recovery from an addiction, you need professional help within a safe and stable environment. The Bergand Group is now offering intensive outpatient programs in Bel Air, Maryland for this reason. We are a dedicated group of professionals who have helped thousands of people end their addiction to drugs.
What types of treatment plans do you have available?
We have three types of programs. It is important that you consider which one might be the best for you or your loved one because your choice will in part determine the success of the rehab treatment.
- Inpatient is when the patient receives rehab treatment while staying in residential housing provided by the recovery center. This is a great option for people with addictions that have taken a strong hold within the individual.
- Outpatient is when the patient can still work and go to school normally while still receiving treatment and is good for someone who lives in a safe environment and who has a supportive family. If a person has a strong connection with loved ones, then they are most likely to successfully complete the program and develop healthier habits.
- Intensive Outpatient is an option where the individual attends weekly group therapy sessions that last about three hours. If necessary, medication will play a role in this process.
How do I know if my loved one needs treatment?
A lot of the time, patients aren’t aware they have a problem until it is late in the addiction stages. A few signs a person has a drug addiction are:
- A lack of hygiene
- Constantly getting into legal trouble
- Slurred speech and bloodshot eyes
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Hiding from loved onesand being generally secretive.
If any of this sounds familiar, then please reach out to the Bergand Group. You may benefit from intensive outpatient programs in Bel Air or other parts of Maryland. Professional, compassionate, personal treatment for drug dependency is just a call or click away.
About The Bergand Group:
At The Bergand Group in Baltimore and Harford County, Maryland, our therapists have more than twenty years of experience in the mental health and addiction fields. Our focus is on providing comprehensive mental health care and appropriate care for addictive disorders. We offer both alcohol rehab and drug rehabilitation. If you or someone you know is struggling with alcohol or substance addiction, there is help available. We also offer several other services, including family therapy and counseling. We can help. Contact us today.