It’s important to remember that the goal of a detox program is to let your body heal following long-term drug addiction. The body has to rid itself of the drug so that you can begin long-term treatment that addresses the physical and mental challenges that lead to addiction. Both inpatient and outpatient programs can help, depending on how severe the addiction is and whether there are other medical or mental challenges present. If you opt for an outpatient detox program in Harford County, you have the option to return home at the end of the day.
Benefits of Professional Drug and Alcohol Detox
There are many benefits to a professional drug and alcohol detox program. Professionals can guide you through your withdrawal period, providing support and medical supervision. In fact, detox/withdraw symptom management is essential for those who go through withdrawal symptoms when they stop using. For patients in the first step of recovery, outpatient treatment provides access to clinicians who closely monitor the process to ensure your health and safety.
Why Can’t I Do This at Home?
You shouldn’t attempt a detox on your own due to the following reasons, among many others:
- It isn’t safe since no medical professionals are available for an emergency
- Due to the difficulty and discomfort of withdrawal symptoms, you may feel overwhelmed and trigger additional, dangerous conditions
- Because professionals have supervised detoxification many times over, the process will go as smoothly as is possible.
Benefits of an Outpatient Detox Program in Harford County
Patients who don’t want or need an extended stay may opt out of an inpatient program, but there’s another option. Outpatient detox programs let you receive treatment and then go home to a supportive and comfortable environment at the end of the day. Additional benefits of outpatient detox are:
- Ability to maintain daily routine. Patients often wish to keep a low profile during detox. and outpatient treatment is a good solution to this preference.
- Comfort of your own home. Outpatient programs let you return home to regroup and relax at the end of the day.
- Contact with family and friends so that you don’t feel isolated during recovery.
- Social support. Patients also receive family therapy and group therapy, as needed.
About The Berglund Group
At The Bergand Group’s detox program in Harford County, Maryland, you’ll find therapists with decades of experience in mental health and addiction treatment. We offer both inpatient and outpatient alcohol rehab and drug rehabilitation. Contact us today for more information on how to begin your recovery today.
The Bergand Group is Maryland’s leading addiction treatment and recovery center and offers support for those struggling with addiction and mental health issues. We can help you to work through your addiction in a safe and healthy environment where everyone is committed to your care.
About The Bergand Group:
At The Bergand Group in Baltimore and Harford County, Maryland, our therapists have more than twenty years of experience in the mental health and addiction fields. Our focus is on providing comprehensive mental health care and appropriate care for addictive disorders. We offer both alcohol rehab and drug rehabilitation. If you or someone you know is struggling with alcohol or substance addiction, there is help available. We also offer several other services, including family therapy and counseling. We can help. Contact us today.