A DUI (driving under the influence) is when a person is charged with driving a vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. DUI educational programs in Baltimore City can help users overcome their addictions and avoid future DUIs. These programs are designed with the intent of preventing future DUI instances.
There are varying levels of alcohol and drug education with different amounts of duration, methods, and environments attached to them. For example, many “Level I” alcohol education classes last for about 12 hours. In “Level II” classes, the course length is often determined by the severity of the DUI charge.
How DUI Educational Programs in Baltimore City Help Prevent Future DUIs
The most important part of these courses is how they prevent DUIs from occurring in the future. The information provided by these classes sticks with the students for several years after, which prevents later DUIs. Although the benefits are numerous, the five main takeaways that help students avoid DUIs later include:
- Making Better Decisions – DUI education classes usually place a powerful emphasis on making better life choices. Students are often provided with different scenarios and are then instructed on how to make the best decision for each.
- Drinking Responsibly – Although they do not condone drinking, these classes often contain sections on drinking responsibly because they know many of the students will continue to drink.
- Identifying Triggers – Students are assisted in determining the underlying reasons that provoke them into driving under the influence.
- Creating Better Peer Groups – Often, the student’s peer group encourages drinking, so these classes help learners analyze their social activities to determine who is helping and who is hindering them.
- Understanding Consequences of Future DUIs – The grave results of DUIs are given a heavy amount of consideration in DUI classes. From legal repercussions to injury and even death, all of the serious fallout from continued intoxicated driving are covered extensively.
Contact The Bergand Group
Do not fall prey to the perils of DUI charges again! Contact The Bergand Group today to learn more about DUI education programs in Baltimore City. The path to better understanding and a DUI-free future is within reach.