When a person suffers from addiction, whether it’s from alcohol, prescription painkillers, or hard drugs, there are several ways to begin recovery and return to healthy living. One of the most effective ways to begin recovery is to seek medically-supervised detox programs in Baltimore County, Maryland.
The Benefit of Established Detox Programs in Baltimore County
A drug or alcohol detox program is essential for every successful recovery, as its main purpose is to cleanse the body of all harmful and toxic substances that accumulated overtime since the abuse started. A comprehensive detox program involves therapies, counselling, medications and alternative treatment, which help reduce cravings, make it easier for the patient to manage withdrawal symptoms, and finally, help prevent relapse. Once the detox is completed, the patient prepares for the upcoming rehabilitation program.
Benefits of receiving treatment at an established Detox Center
- The first advantage of receiving treatment from an established detox center is having professionals running the center, and the patient will receive the best possible treatment by medical professionals and counselors.
- Established detox centers mainly follow psychotherapy treatments, which frees not only the body but also the mind from drug and alcohol dependence.
- Many detox centers also provide personalized programs for their patients, depending on the seriousness of the addiction.
- The detox centers will also provide you with a relaxed environment for therapeutic benefits and the outdoor activities offered by these centers can help to bring you closer to nature and assist you in understanding the better ways of leading your life.
- Established detox centers also have programs where they encourage the relatives and friends of the patient to join in for social support.
Detox programs take place as either inpatient or outpatient programs. Some people even prefer to detox at home without medical supervision and may try to quit “cold turkey,” or all at once. This can be extremely difficult, and even dangerous to accomplish because it can cause health complications and severe withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, digestive discomfort, headaches, heart palpitations, hallucinations, panic attacks, delirium tremens or relapse.
To detox safely, enroll for detox programs in Baltimore County with The Bergand Group. The Bergand Group offers a fully equipped, outpatient detox center, where patients are guided with medical supervision on how to deal with withdrawal symptoms. Our detox programs also utilize the latest evidence-based resources to make the detoxification process safe, comfortable, and effective. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more information about this and more.
About The Bergand Group:
At The Bergand Group in Baltimore and Harford County, Maryland, our therapists have more than twenty years of experience in the mental health and addiction fields. Our focus is on providing comprehensive mental health care and appropriate care for addictive disorders. We offer both alcohol rehab and drug rehabilitation. If you or someone you know is struggling with alcohol or substance addiction, there is help available. We also offer several other services, including family therapy and counseling. We can help. Contact us today.