The decision to seek treatment for a struggle with addiction is the first step to recovery. Depending on the level of severity of an addiction, there are many treatments that may be necessary. For example, someone with a heavy alcohol addiction may require detox, as sometimes withdrawal can be dangerous if not medically supervised. While the levels of addiction range for each person, the treatment options available vary as well.
Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are helpful for those recovering from an addiction that may not be able to commit to an inpatient program due to work, family, or other restrictions, or do not meet the criteria for an inpatient level of care. When a patient chooses Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) they are choosing to seek treatment for their addiction all while maintaining some normalcy with their home life. These programs are also essential for those on the addiction treatment continuum. Whether you are newly out of an inpatient rehab program, or just looking for some support for your struggle with drugs or alcohol, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are sought after by those with varying levels of addiction.
What are the Benefits of Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)?
– Intensive Outpatient Programs’ (IOP) extensive treatment schedule (usually offered in 4, 8, or 12 week tracks) helps patients have positive outcomes for their addiction recovery.
– Patients have the ability to maintain their daily activities, such as attending work, being with their families, and having the comfort of their own home, when attending an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
– When enrolled in this intensive program, patients have access to a wide array of support from the addiction treatment facility. This can include Medication Management, individual treatment, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy, and evaluations, assessments and other clinical services provided by licensed medical staff.
– Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) offer patients the ability to practice the coping skills learned in a safe, real-world environment.
– Patients enrolled in these programs have a lesser chance of relapse than those who choose to abstain from treatment programs. With increased support from medically-trained staff, and those going through similar experiences, patients are less likely to start using again.
Whether you are suffering from an addictive disorder, or are seeking help with continued sobriety, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are greatly beneficial. For more information on Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) Near the Baltimore and Harford County areas, get in touch with The Bergand Group. The Bergand Group offers daytime and evening sessions of their Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
About The Bergand Group:
At The Bergand Group in Baltimore and Harford County, Maryland, our therapists have more than twenty years of experience in the mental health and addiction fields. Our focus is on providing comprehensive mental health care and appropriate care for addictive disorders. We offer both alcohol rehabilitation and drug rehabilitation. If you or someone you know is struggling with alcohol or substance addiction, there is help available. We also offer several other services, including family therapy and counseling. We can help. Contact us today.