Drug addiction is obviously a big problem in the United States. The statistics are sobering when you think about how many lives are affected by this epidemic; this is why so many centers for drug addiction treatment in Baltimore and other cities have opened up.
Identifying the Best Addiction Treatment in Baltimore
Some Addiction Statistics:
- Nearly 21 million people in the United States are addicted to at least one substance
- Only 10% of those addicted receive the treatment they need
- Between 1999 and 2017, over 700,000 people in America died from a drug overdose
- Deaths from drug overdose are more than triple what they were in 1990.
Eight Signs Someone Might Benefit from Addiction Treatment in Baltimore:
How can someone know if they have a drug problem? Below are some signs that a person might have a problem with drugs.
- They continue taking a drug after it’s no longer needed for their health issue
- They need to take more of it because they have built up a tolerance to it
- They feel strange after the drug wears off, like nauseated, shaky, sweaty or depressed
- They can’t stop taking it even though it’s negatively impacting their life
- They think about the drug all the time
- They take their drug with alcohol or other types of drugs
- They raid other people’s medicine cabinets looking for other drugs to take
- Their sleep cycles have changed
- They have friends they do drugs with regularly.
Individuals who have are showing one or more of the symptoms above may have trouble with drug addiction, and The Bergand Group wants to help.
For those who are suffering from drug addiction, The Bergand Group is ready to help. Their therapists offer many options and can help not just the addict but their family. People affected by addiction should call today and help make a change in their life for the better. Start your path to recovery today by getting in touch with The Bergand Group.
About The Bergand Group:
At The Bergand Group in Baltimore and Harford County, Maryland, our therapists have more than twenty years of experience in the mental health and addiction fields. Our focus is on providing comprehensive mental health care and appropriate care for addictive disorders. We offer both alcohol rehab and drug rehabilitation. If you or someone you know is struggling with alcohol or substance addiction, there is help available. We also offer several other services, including family therapy and counseling. We can help. Contact us today.